FAQ- Wedding Photography
- How much should I budget for my wedding photography?Budgeting can often be as simple as pulling figures from the air. It is difficult to budget correctly when you are buying something for the first time and without knowing the true value of the service you are getting. Many photographers do not advertise their prices because every wedding is different and photographers often customize their packages to suit the client. This makes budgeting even more difficult when you can’t make comparisons. The price differences between photographers will incorporate their experience, qualifications, style and skill. As well as product quality and service level.
Basically, like most things “you get what you pay for.”
To give you an idea, the guide below shows what you can expect to pay:
$1000-$2000 – part-time amateur with low to average skills, little experience and only shoot and burn products.
$2000-$4000 – full-time professional photographers with good to excellent skills, 5+ years experience and various products
$4000-$10000+ – highly skilled and experienced professionals, renowned in the industry, with more creative flair and luxury products.
- Do you have a backup camera in case of emergency?Yes always. And battery packs.
- How many will we receive?
We take images as we see them so there is not an exact number however to give you an idea usually anywhere between 350 to 500.
- Do you require a deposit?
Yes we require a $1000 booking fee to secure your wedding date.
- Does the customer retain copyright of all images?
- What happens if you are ill or unavailable on the day of our wedding?
I have a number of fantastic wedding photographer associates who can always help out should the case arise. Mind you, this has never happened yet.
- I would like to meet with you before I make a decision to book you for my wedding day. Is that possible?
Of course. We prefer to meet with both the bride and groom as it will ensure they are more relaxed on the day. Creating more fun and better images.
- Do you work outside of Melbourne?
I am a destination wedding photographer, therefore I am available to work anywhere in the world. Travel and accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the client.
- How and when do we get to see our photos?
Your images are generally ready to view when you get back from your honeymoon approx 4-6 weeks.
FAQ- Portrait Photography
- What is the process if I book a portrait photography session with Lens to Life?Firstly we will arrange a pre-consultation session to meet with you and to discuss the portrait session. We will discuss such things as who is in the images, where the session is to be held, what to wear and what products we have available. We will also schedule a time to do the session. Approximately 2 -3 week after the portrait session has taken place, we will invite you back into our studio for a viewing session. You can then sit back relax and enjoy a slideshow of your images. And decide what you would like to purchase.
- Can I purchase my images in High Resolution format?
Absolutely however, our studio is definitely not a ‘shoot and burn type studio’. We specialize in creating amazing wall art for your home therefore we only offer the high resolution images purchased on a USB as part of our collections.
- Do I bring my own clothes & accessories?
Please feel free to bring along any outfit changes or accessories that you feel may enhance your images if you so wish. With regard to colours, we recommend that you stick to clothing that is neutral tones (whites, blacks, greys, browns) and without two many patterns. This way when you look at the photos your eyes are directed to the people in them, not the clothes. Images can also look great if everyone is wearing similar things like all in blue jeans with white T-shirts that type of thing. But in saying this it is totally up to you and most important is that you are all comfortable in what you are wearing.
- I’m not very photogenic, can you make me look good?
We hear this often and generally it’s because of unprofessional photo’s being taken on unprofessional devices, in poor light, combined with bad poses. Our professional photographers know how to take a photo, in fact, making you look good is their job. We will ensure that the correct light, backgrounds, exposures and posing techniques are used to enhance your best features. We also offer ‘after shoot’ retouching.
- When will my order be ready?
Your order will be completed with in 3 – 4 weeks of your photo session.
- How much does it cost?
The portrait session cost is $145 with $50 of that credited back to you at viewing & ordering session.
- When do I pay for my order?
Any purchases must be made on the day of your viewing session. Due to time constraints we are only able to offer one viewing session.
- How can I pay for my order?
We accept cash, cheque, credit card (master card or visa), or eftpos. We also have an easy payment plan available, where we require 30% deposit on the day of your viewing.
- How long do you keep images on file? Can we re-order later?
We’d love to say that we can guarantee your images will be available forever however due to the huge amount of data compiled in photographic images our systems simply do not have the space to hold onto them indefinitely. Therefore we do recommend that you place orders on the day of your viewing to avoid disappointment at a later date.
- Do you have packages available?
Absolutely! We have a range of collections. Prints are available individually, framed or other options include Canvas, Acrylic or even Metal. We also offer photobooks and albums.
- Are you open on Weekends?
Occasionally although we are certainly out photographing weddings many weekends.
- Do you do image enhancement?